The Right Honourable William Stephen Ian Whitelaw, 1st Viscount Whitelaw, K.T., C.H., M.C., P.C.
- Born: 28 June 1918
- Died: 1 July 1999
- 1918-1944: Mr. William Whitelaw
- 1944-1952: Mr. William Whitelaw, M.C.
- 1952-1955: Mr. William Whitelaw, M.C., D.L.
- 1955-1967: Mr. William Whitelaw, M.C., D.L., M.P.
- 1967-1974: The Rt. Hon. William Whitelaw, M.C., D.L., M.P.
- 1974-1983: The Rt. Hon. William Whitelaw, C.H., M.C., D.L., M.P.
- 1983-1990: The Viscount Whitelaw, C.H., M.C., P.C., D.L.
- 1990-1999: The Viscount Whitelaw, K.T., C.H., M.C., P.C., D.L.
- Junior Lord of the Treasury, 1961-1962
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Labour, 1962-1964
- Lord President of the Council, 1970-1972
- Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, 1972-1973
- Secretary of State for Employment, 1973-1974
- Deputy Prime Minister, 1979-1988
- Secretary of State for the Home Department, 1979-1983
- Lord President of the Council, 1983-1988
- Viscount Whitelaw, 1983
- Knight of the Thistle, 1990
- Privy Councillor, 1967
- Military Cross, 1944
- Deputy Lieutenant for Dunbartonshire, 1952
- Member of the Order of the Companions of Honour, 1974
Positions in ParliamentEdit
- Conservative Chief Whip, 1964-1970
- Chairman of the Conservative Party, 1974-1975
- Deputy Leader of the Conservative Party, 1975-1991