The Right Honourable Richard Austen Butler, Baron Butler of Saffron Walden, K.G., C.H., P.C., D.L.
- Born: 9 December 1902
- Died: 8 March 1982
- 1902-1929: R. A. Butler, Esq.
- 1929-1939: R. A. Butler, Esq., M.P.
- 1939-1954: The Rt. Hon. R. A. Butler, M.P.
- 1954-1965: The Rt. Hon. R. A. Butler, C.H., M.P.
- 1965-1971 The Lord Butler of Saffron Walden, C.H., P.C., D.L.
- 1971-1982 The Lord Butler of Saffron Walden, K.G., C.H., P.C., D.L.
- Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Secretary of State for India, 1931-1932
- Under-Secretary of State for India, 1932-1937
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Labour, 1937-1938
- Under-Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, 1938-1941
- President of the Board of Education, 1941-1944
- Minister of Education, 1944-1945
- Minister of Labour and National Service, 1945
- Chancellor of the Exchequer, 1951-1955
- Lord Privy Seal, 1955-1959
- Secretary of State for the Home Department, 1957-1962
- Deputy Prime Minister and First Secretary of State, 1962-1963
- Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, 1963-1964
- Knight of the Garter, 1971
- Companion of Honour, 1954
- Deputy Lieutenant
- President of the Modern Language Assocaition, 1946-1982
- President of the National Association of Mental Health, 1946-1982
- President of the Royal Society of Literature, 1951-1982
- Rector of Glasgow University, 1956-1959
- High Steward of Cambridge University, 1958-1966
- Chancellor of Sheffield University, 1960-1978
- Chancellor of Essex University, 1962-1982
- High Steward of the City of Cambridge, 1963-1982
- Master of Trinity College, Cambridge, 1965-1977
- Privy Councillor, 1939
- Member of Parliament for Saffron Walden, 1929-1965
- Leader of the House of Commons, 1955-1961
|Chancellor of the Exchequer|
The Earl of Home
Patrick Gordon Walker