The Right Honourable Peter Alexander Rupert Carington, 6th Baron Carrington, K.G., G.C.M.G., C.H., M.C., P.C., D.L.
- Born: 6 June 1919
- 1919-1928: Peter Carington, Esq.
- 1928-1938: The Hon. Peter Carington
- 1938-1945: The Lord Carrington
- 1945-1958: The Lord Carrington, M.C.
- 1958-1959: The Lord Carrington, K.C.M.G., M.C.
- 1959-1983: The Lord Carrington, K.C.M.G., M.C., P.C.
- 1983-1985: The Lord Carrington, C.H., K.C.M.G., M.C., P.C.
- 1985-1988: The Lord Carrington, K.G., C.H., K.C.M.G., M.C., P.C.
- 1988-present: The Lord Carrington, K.G., G.C.M.G., C.H., M.C., P.C.
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, 1951-1954
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Ministry of Defence, 1954-1956
- High Commissioner to Australia, 1956-1959
- First Lord of the Admiralty, 1959-1963
- Minister without Portfolio, 1963-1964
- Secretary of State for Defence, 1970-1974
- Secretary of State for Energy, 1974
- Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, 1979-1982
- Secretary General of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, 1983-1988
- Chairman of the European Community Peace Conference on Yugoslavia, 1991-1992
- Privy Councillor, 1959
- Leader of the House of Lords, 1963-1964
- Leader of the Opposition in the House of Lords, 1964-1970, 1974-1979
|Secretary of State for Defence|