The Right Honourable Dame Margaret Mary Beckett, D.B.E., M.P.
- Born: 15 January 1943
- 1943-1974: Miss Margaret Jackson
- 1974-1979: Miss Margaret Jackson, M.P.
- 1979-1933: Ms. Margaret Beckett
- 1983-1993: Ms. Margaret Beckett, M.P.
- 1993-2013: The Rt. Hon. Margaret Beckett, M.P.
- 2013-present: The Rt. Hon. Dame Margaret Beckett, D.B.E., M.P.
- Notre Dame High School
- University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology
- John Dalton Polytechnic
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education and Science, 1976-1979
- Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, 1997-1998
- Lord President of the Council, 1998-2001
- Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, 2001-2006
- Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, 2006-2007
- Privy Councillor, 1993
- Leader of the Opposition, 1994
Shadow Cabinet PositionsEdit
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury, 1989-1992
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons, 1992-1994
- Shadow Secretary of State for Health, 1994-1995
- Shadow Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, 1995-1997
|Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs|