The Right Honourable Leon Brittan, Baron Brittan of Spennithorne, P.C., Q.C.
- Born: 25 September 1939
- Died: 21 January 2015
- 1939-1974: Mr. Leon Brittan
- 1974-1978: Mr. Leon Brittan, M.P.
- 1978-1981: Mr. Leon Brittan, Q.C., M.P.
- 1981-1988: The Rt. Hon. Leon Brittan, Q.C., M.P.
- 1988-1989: The Rt. Hon. Leon Brittan, Q.C.
- 1989-2000: The Rt. Hon. Sir Leon Brittan, Q.C.
- 2000-2015: The Lord Brittan of Spennithorne, P.C., Q.C.
- Minister of State for the Home Department, 1979-1981
- Chief Secretary to the Treasury, 1981-1983
- Secretary of State for the Home Department, 1983-1985
- Secretary of State for Trade and Industry and President of the Board of Trade, 1985-1986
- European Commissioner from the United Kingdom, 1989-1999
- European Commissioner for Competition, 1989-1993
- European Commissioner for Trade, 1994-1999
- European Commissioner for External Relations, 1995-1999
- First Vice President of the European Commission, 1999
Other Honorary OfficesEdit
- Chancellor of the University of Teesside, 1993-2005
- Privy Counsellor, 1981
- Member of Parliament for Cleveland and Whitby, 1974-1983
- Member of Parliament for Richmond (Yorks), 1983-1988
|Secretary of State for the Home Department|