The Right Honourable James Richard Stanhope, 13th Earl of Chesterfield and 7th Earl Stanhope, K.G., D.S.O., M.C., P.C.
- Born: 11 November 1880
- Died: 15 August 1967
- 1880-1905: Viscount Mahon
- 1905-1916: The Earl Stanhope
- 1916-1917: The Earl Stanhope, M.C.
- 1917-1929: The Earl Stanhope, D.S.O., M.C.
- 1929-1934: The Earl Stanhope, D.S.O., M.C., P.C.
- 1934-1967: The Earl Stanhope, K.G., D.S.O., M.C., P.C.
- Parliamentary Secretary to the War Office, 1918-1919
- Civil Lord of the Admiralty, 1924-1929
- Parliamentary and Financial Secretary to the Admiralty, 1931
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for War, 1931-1934
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, 1934-1936
- First Commissioner of Works, 1936-1937
- President of the Board of Education, 1937-1938
- First Lord of the Admiralty, 1938-1939
- Lord President of the Council, 1939-1940
- Earl Stanhope, Viscount Stanhope of Mahon, and Baron Stanhope of Elvaston, 1905
- Earl of Chesterfield and Baron Stanhope, 1952
- Knight of the Garter, 1934
- Privy Councillor, 1929
- Leader of the House of Lords, 1938-1940
- Member of London County Council for Lewisham, 1910-1913
|First Lord of the Admiralty|