The Right Honourable Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount Melville, P.C.
- Born: 28 April 1742
- Died: 27 May 1811
- 1742-1774 Henry Dundas, Esq.
- 1774-1782 Henry Dundas, Esq., M.P.
- 1782-1802 The Rt. Hon. Henry Dundas, M.P.
- 1802-1805 The Viscount Melville, P.C.
- 1805-1807 The Viscount Melville
- 1807-1811 The Viscount Melville, P.C.
- Solicitor-General for Scotland, 1766-1775
- Lord Advocate, 1775-1783
- Treasurer of the Navy, 1782-1783, 1783-1800
- Secretary of State for the Home Department, 1791-1794
- President of the Board of Control, 1793-1801
- Secretary of State for War and the Colonies, 1794-1801
- First Lord of the Admiralty, 1804-1805
- Privy Councillor, 1782, expelled 1805 and re-admitted 1807
- Member of Parliament for Midlothian, 1774-1782, 1782-1790
- Member of Parliament for Newtown, 1782
- Member of Parliament for Edinburgh, 1790-1802
The Lord Grenville
The Duke of Portland
|Secretary of State for War|
The Lord Hobart
as Secretary of State for War and the Colonies
The Earl of St. Vincent
|First Lord of the Admiralty|
The Lord Barham