The Right Honourable Edward Cardwell, 1st Viscount Cardwell, P.C.
- Born: 24 July 1813
- Died: 15 February 1886
- 1813-1838: Mr. Edward Cardwell
- 1838-1842: Edward Cardwell, Esq.
- 1842-1852: Edward Cardwell, Esq., M.P.
- 1852-1874: The Rt. Hon. Edward Cardwell, M.P.
- 1874-1886: The Viscount Cardwell
- Financial Secretary to the Treasury, 1845-1846
- President of the Board of Trade, 1852-1855
- Chief Secretary for Ireland, 1859-1861
- Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, 1861-1864
- Secretary of State for the Colonies, 1864-1866
- Secretary of State for War, 1868-1874
- Viscount Cardwell, 1874
- Member of Parliament for Clitheroe, 1842-1847
- Member of Parliament for Liverpool, 1847-1852
- Member of Parliament for Oxford, 1852-1874
The Duke of Newcastle
|Secretary of State for the Colonies|
The Earl of Carnarvon
Sir John Pakington, Bt.
|Secretary of State for War|