The Right Honourable Alan Arthur Johnson, M.P.
- Born: 17 May 1950
- 1950-1997: Mr. Alan Johnson
- 1997-2003: Mr. Alan Johnson, M.P.
- 2003-present: The Rt. Hon. Alan Johnson, M.P.
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Competitiveness, 1999-2001
- Minister of State for Employment Relations, Industry and the Regions, 2001-2003
- Minister of State for Lifelong Learning, Further and Higher Education, 2003-2004
- Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, 2004-2005
- Secretary of State for Trade and Industry and President of the Board of Trade, 2005-2006
- Secretary of State for Education and Skills, 2006-2007
- Secretary of State for Health, 2007-2009
- Secretary of State for the Home Department, 2009-2010
- Privy Counsellor, 2003
- Shadow Secretary of State for the Home Department, 2010
- Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer, 2010-2011
Trade Union PositionsEdit
- General Secretary of the Union of Communication Workers, 1992-1995
- General Secretary of the Communication Workers Union, 1995-1997
|Secretary of State for the Home Department|